- Tours are free of charge.
- Tours are 45 to 120 minutes in length depending on the tour requested.
- Open to all ages 7 years and older.
- Available for groups up to 20. Larger groups may be accommodated depending on staffing and plant operations.
- Tours can be tailored to school groups, civic groups, or professional organizations.
- Tours are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tour guides are employees who operate or manage the plants. They provide a thorough, step-by-step explanation of the treatment processes.
The plants are functioning industrial sites operating 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Sturdy closed shoes are required for both your safety and comfort. No flip-flops, sandals, clogs, open toed shoes, or high heels are allowed.
We also reserve the right to cancel tours in the event of a plant or City emergency or inclement weather. While tours involve quite a bit of walking, climbing stairs, and may include tight hallways and tunnels, we can change the route to accommodate wheelchairs, canes, and walkers.